Deliveryblues

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sound Familiar?

What I find interesting is that just about everybody I mention this blog to has a story to tell of a failed delivery. Here’s a typical one from a friend of mine….


I ordered 2 pairs of shoes from Hawkshead (BOGOF sort of deal!). I didn’t know when the delivery was due so I missed the delivery and was carded. I phoned to re-arrange the delivery and had to agree to morning or afternoon (8-1pm, 1-6pm). I waited in all morning and they turned up at midday. One pair was wrong. I telephoned and was told that they could be collected the next day, morning or afternoon. Again, I waited in all morning and finally they were collected. The next day I had a lot to catch up on (as I’d stayed in for 2 days waiting for delivery people) and I went out and missed the re-delivery of the second pair of shoes and was carded. The next day I waited in and the delivery didn’t turn up (some clerical error!) So I waited in again the next day when the shoes finally arrived. The shoes are fine, but really nothing special and certainly not worth the hours of frustrating waiting and inconvenience…

Sound familiar?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home